Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Truffles

Truffle time!  Truffles have been a huge hit this holiday season.  These truffles are not in fact true truffles.  They are not a fungus and they're not the complicated chocolate candy either.  These are cheater-cookie-filled-chocolate-coated-truffles.  And they are delicious.  And super easy.  And impressive looking. 

These photos were taken when Jordan-Ann and I made truffles for the Aaron Scorch/Molly Parden birthday party/house show.  Flavors included white chocolate lemon, chocolate peanut butter, white chocolate Oreo, and chocolate Oreo.
Lemon and Oreo cookie balls
Instructions:

Place 1 package of Oreos (or equivalent amount of any type of crunchy-ish cookies) and 1 package of cream cheese in a food processor (a food processor really works best for this.  I tried it with a blender and I tried it with my hands and neither worked very well). 

Blend thoroughly until you have creamy cookie goodness.  Form into bite size balls.  Dip balls in melted chocolate (we microwaved it but a double boiler would work nicely too). 


White chocolate Oreo truffles

Dipping process; peanut butter and Oreo cookie balls

The orange coating was a white chocolate/candy corn kisses combo

At this point Jo and I sprinkled cookie crumbs on the sticky chocolate to differentiate between fillings and it also looked cool.  When I made these in NY I drizzled chocolate on the cooled truffles (just because I like to seem fancy).  Cool on wax paper or foil covered cookie sheets (in the fridge or freezer).

My NY truffles: Dark chocolate almond Sandies (cookies) and peppermint Oreos with white chocolate coating

No comments:

Post a Comment